Our THIRD birthday is coming!
And we have so much to celebrate!
We can’t wait to see you at the historic Riverside Church, where Martin Luther King Jr. spoke 49 years ago.
- Through the National Prison Divestment Steering Committee, pushed the federal government in August to withdraw their investment in private immigration prison companies (with a long- term, end goal of shutting down all immigration prisons).
- Hosted the largest LGBTQI immigrant conference in the world this year with over 150 attendees across three days with local, national, international attendees
- We organized five incredibly successful direct actions around the issues of ending solitary confinement, family detention centers.
- Collaboratively organized the #DumpTrump action, where we infiltrated and interrupted Trump at a $1,000-a-head Republican fundraiser at the Park Plaza in Pennsylvania, this was the first instance of directly coming for Trump during the beginning of his campaign trail.
- Collaboratively organized one of the largest actions in support of Syria and Iraqi refugees in the country entitled, “Human Rights TRUMP Oppression: Solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Refugees” another article here and here, with the #CrushTrump direct action with thousands of people in attendance (in collaboration with the Fight for $15 coalition)
- QDEP’s ED, Jamila Hammami, featured on BBC post all of the organizations organizing in support of Iraqi and Syrian refugees.
- Launched our Women Fight ICE campaign and had our kick off summit on October 2nd, 2016. In the next 12 months, our goal is to have at minimum, 12 trainings for groups that have women/ femme migrant folks.
- Freed 10 previously detained folks through our local and national campaigns
- Found housing for 15 formerly houseless folks that were detained
- Recruited and trained six of our members as program fellows, now supporting others in our community
- Testified, in Geneva, Switzerland, before the United Nations High Commissioner of Refugees about the current state of health for LGBTQI people detained in the US immigration detention.
- And our staff has grown exponentially!
We’ll honor folks that have been fierce rabble-rousers, community businesses, safer spaces providers, and advocates for asylum seeker/ LGBTQ folks in the community.
We’re honoring some amazing folks this year, too! New York Women’s Foundation and Restaurant Opportunity Center & African Services Committee!
We’ll also showcase the art, vocalists, performers, writing, and stories of LGBTQ folks from our community arts & creative resistance space! We’ll have an amazing silent auction showcasing some of said work, as well as other amazing items and products, too!
We invite you to become a VIP ticket holder so that you can join us for our exclusive VIP Happy Hour from 6pm-7pm. VIP ticket holders are those that hold tickets as Activst, Advocate, or Platinum Sponsors!
You can purchase tickets at our through our individual tickets section. Also feel free to send this links to any of your directly impacted folks who wouldn’t be able to do a full-priced tickets (they are $25 for directly impacted, with the opportunity for others to sponsor)!
We also invite your organization to buy an ad or organizational sponsorship through our main event page. Having allies like you in the room would be huge! Sponsorships also come with different levels of tickets you can use for staff/members.
And best of all: dance, share winter treats, drinks, and dance!