Our second birthday is coming on December 17th!
We have so much to celebrate!
This year we have:
- Hosted the largest LGBTQI immigrant conference in the world this year with over 200 attendees
- Become a part of the National Prison Divestment Steering Committee
- Organized the largest Northeast Prison Divestment Convening to date with community partners
- Freed 10 detainees through our local and national campaigns
- Found housing for 15 formerly homeless [asylum seekers]
- Had a rally last week where over 800 folks came out in support of immigrants and refugees to this country!
- Disrupted Trump at his GOP fundraiser last week!
- Publicly let Hillary now that her immigration plan doesn’t include LGBTQI immigrants or folks with criminal convictions
- Recruited and trained five of our clients as program fellows, now supporting others in our community
- Testified, in Geneva, Switzerland, before the United Nations High Commissioner of Refugees about the current state of detention for LGBTQI people in the United States.
Can’t wait to see all of you at Greenpoint Reformed Church, a trans and queer- led social justice church, where QDEP first built our roots in and where we have been able to continue to flourish! We hope that you will join us for this important and joyous day!
We’ll honor folks that have been fierce rabble-rousers, community businesses, safer spaces providers, and advocates for asylum seeker/ LGBTQ folks in the community. Keep an eye out! We’ll soon begin announcing our honorees for 2015!
We’ll also showcase the art, writing, and stories of LGBTQ folks from our community arts & creative resistance space! We’ll have an amazing silent auction showcasing some of said work, as well as other amazing items and products, too!
We invite you to become a VIP ticket holder so that you can join us for our exclusive VIP Happy Hour from 6pm-7pm. VIP ticket holders are those that hold tickets as Activst, Advocate, or Platinum Sponsors!
And best of all: dance, share winter treats, drinks, and dance!
Want to become a sponsor? Complete this form and email firstname.lastname@example.org